Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Vanilla
- (countable) Any tropical, climbing orchid of the genus Vanilla (especially Vanilla planifolia), bearing podlike fruit yielding an extract used in flavoring food or in perfumes.
- (countable) The fruit or bean of the vanilla plant.
- (uncountable) The extract of the fruit of the vanilla plant.
- (uncountable) The distinctive fragrant flavour/flavor characteristic of vanilla extract.
- (uncountable) Any artificially produced homologue of vanilla extract, principally vanillin produced from lignin from the paper industry or from petrochemicals.
vanilla (not comparable)
- (colloquial) By association with vanilla as the "plain" flavour of ice cream: the standard, plain, default, unmodified, basic.
- vanilla suit.
- See also Wikisaurus:bare-bones
flavoured/flavored with vanilla
Related terms