Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /ˈwɔːtəʃɛd/, X-SAMPA: /"wO:t@SEd/
- (US) enPR: wôʹtərshĕd, IPA: /ˈwɔtɚʃɛd/, X-SAMPA: /"wOt@`SEd/
Audio (US) (file)
- (hydrology) The topographical boundary dividing two adjacent catchment basins, such as a ridge or a crest.
- (US) A region of land within which water flows down into a specified body, such as a river, lake, sea, or ocean; a drainage basin.
- A critical point marking a change in course or development.
- (Canada, UK) The time after which material of more adult nature (violence, swear words, sex) may be broadcast on television or radio, either one laid down or one contrived (e.g. when children are not watching...)
- (boundary between two adjacent catchment basins): water parting, drainage divide, water divide, divide
- (drainage basin): catchment basin, catchment, catchment area, drainage area, river basin, water basin
- (time after which adult material may be broadcast): safe harbor (US)
- (critical point marking a change in course or development): turning point
boundary between adjacent catchment basins
drainage basin or catchment basin
critical point marking a change in course or development