From ㅂ (b) + additional horizontal line representing burst of aspiration.
- IPA(key): /pʰ/
- Actual realisation:
- (word-initially, between vowels, or after nasals and liquids) IPA(key): [pʰ]
- (after stops) IPA(key): [p͈]
- (before stops, or word-finally) IPA(key): [p̚]
- (before nasals) IPA(key): [m]
ㅍ • (p)
- 피읖 (pieup, “pieup”), a jamo (letter) of the alphabet of the Korean writing system, hangeul; the aspirated bilabial plosive ([pʰ])
In the North Korean order, ㅍ (p) is the thirteenth jamo. In the South Korean order, it is the eighteenth.
- (aspirate plosives): ㅌ (t), ㅋ (k)
- (bilabials): ㅂ (b), ㅁ (m)