Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 乌龙
- "unexpected mistake; muddled"
- Originally Cantonese. Probably from the 1940s manga 《烏龍王》 by Chinese cartoonist Louie Yu Tin, whose eponymous protagonist was a muddle-headed character.
- Common folk etymologies attribute the word to English wrong, or own (as in own goal).
- (literally) black dragon
- (figuratively, literary) dogs in general
- (figuratively, literary, obsolete) horse
- (figuratively, colloquial) unexpected mistake; mishap
- (～茶) oolong (tea)
- (Taiwanese Hokkien) black cricket
- (～鄉) Wulong (a township in Wuxi, Chongqing, China)
- Name of a loyal dog owned by Jin-dynasty Zhang Ran.