The Kangxi dictionary lists 粛 as the unorthodox form (俗字) of 肅. Note that the middle stroke of 肀 extends right to the bottom. The middle stroke of 米 is connected from above.
粛 (radical 119 米+5, 11 strokes, cangjie input 中中火中 (LLFL))
|For pronunciation and definitions of 粛 – see 肅 (“pay respects; reverently; etc.”).
(This character, 粛, is the former (1969–1976) Singaporean simplified and variant form of 肅.)
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 肅)
- pay respects
- 粛清 (shukusei): purge
- 粛正 (shukusei): regulation
- 粛党 (shukutō): cleaning up (political party)
- 粛然 (shukuzen): silent, quiet
- 粛粛 (shukushuku): silent, solemn
- 厳粛 (genshuku): gravity, solemnity
- 静粛 (seishuku): silence, stillness