|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): gaau3 mou5
- Min Nan (POJ): kàⁿ-bú / kàⁿ-bó
- (Standard Chinese, standard in Mainland)
- (Standard Chinese, standard in Taiwan; variant in Mainland)
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, variant in Taiwan, Xiamen)
- (Hokkien: mainstream Taiwanese, Zhangzhou)
- In China the pronunciation "jiàomǔ" is generally taught as the only correct reading in Mandarin, however "xiàomǔ" may be heard from time to time, likely by analogy with 孝 (xiào). Pronouncing as xiàomǔ in formal situations would be regarded as an indication of the low educational level of the speaker.
|Kanji in this term|
|Hanja in this term|