- Phonetic Hangul[언니]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
언니 • (eonni)
- elder sister of a female; (by extension, spoken by a female) unrelated elder female
The term 언니 is used by a female to refer to an elder female, often as a polite replacement for a second person singular pronoun (너 (neo) or 당신 (dangsin)).
- 누나 (nuna) elder sister of a male
- 오빠 (oppa) - elder brother of a female
- 형 (hyeong) - elder brother of a male
- 아줌마 (ajumma) - middle aged woman; older female
- 할머니 (halmeoni) - grandmother; senior female