형 (transliterations: RR hyeong, RRT , McCune–Reischauer hyŏng, Yale hyeng)
- A Hangul syllabic block made up of ㅎ, ㅕ, and ㅇ.
Sino-Korean word from 兄
형 (hyeong) (hanja 兄)
- elder brother of a male; (by extension, spoken by a male) unrelated elder male
The term 형 is often used by a male to address an elder male as a polite replacement for a second person singular pronoun (너 or 당신).
- honorific: 형님 (hyeongnim)
- 누나 (nuna) - elder sister of a male
- 오빠 (oppa) - elder brother of a female
- 아저씨 (ajeossi) - middle aged man
- 할아버지 (harabeoji) - grandfather