Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: one‧eigh‧ty
180 (plural 180s)
- (sports) An instance of spinning 180 degrees, so that one is facing in the opposite direction.
- He did a 180 off the diving board.
- (figurative) The exact opposite.
- 2022 November 25, B. Cost, “Man wins legal right to be 'boring' at work, gets $3K from company”, in New York Post, NYP Holdings, retrieved 2022-11-27:
- As a result of his refusal, the employee was subsequently canned in 2015 on the basis of […] being boring […] In other words, it was a complete 180 from most employees who get fired for being too wild.
- The friendly welcome was a 180 from what she had been expecting
- (figurative, by extension) A complete change of direction or opinion.
- She used to like turnips, but she did a 180 and now hates them.
- Often used with do.