Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: about face
about-face (plural about-faces)
- (military) An abrupt turn to face the opposite direction.
- The soldier did an about-face and marched off.
- A reversal in direction; reversal of attitude or opinion.
- When Luke heard the news, he did an abrupt about-face on the policy.
military: abrupt turn to face the opposite direction
reversal of direction or attitude
- (intransitive) To turn 180 degrees to face the opposite direction
- The soldiers would about-face immediately after the order was given.
- To change opinion or attitude drastically.
- A politician will about-face at the drop of a hat if he thinks there are votes in it.
to turn 180 degrees
to change opinion or attitude