Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: antarctic
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ænˈtɑːktɪk/, /ænˈtɑːtɪk/ (see Usage notes)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ænˈtɑɹktɪk/, /ænˈtɑɹtɪk/ (see Usage notes)
- The word was originally pronounced without /k/, but the spelling pronunciation has become the more common one. The "c" was originally added to the spelling for etymological reasons, and its pronunciation returned thereafter.
- (obsolete) Southern.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Antarctica and the south polar regions.
- (figuratively) Opposite, contradictory.
pertaining to Antarctica