There are a number of words to denote religious opponents that bear specific meanings in particular contexts. Many of these words may be used in pejorative sense, as a token of religious intolerance.
Terms with meanings of "renegade" or "opponent"
Terms that mean "not of our religion"
- heathen (not a Christian)
- infidel (not a Christian or not a Muslim)
- kafir (a person who is neither a Muslim nor a "Person of the Books - Ahl-al-Kitab")
- pagan (not of monotheistic religion)
- gentile (not a Jew; not a Mormon)
- goy (not a Jew)
- Yavanas/Mleccha(outsiders, Not a Hindu)
Those who deny, oppose or restrict the influence of religion