Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: intolérance
- (uncountable) The state of being intolerant.
- Intolerance as a state policy must not be tolerated.
- 1922, Ben Travers, chapter 4, in A Cuckoo in the Nest:
- By some paradoxical evolution rancour and intolerance have been established in the vanguard of primitive Christianity. Mrs. Spoker, in common with many of the stricter disciples of righteousness, was as inclement in demeanour as she was cadaverous in aspect.
- (countable) An intolerant word or action.
- (countable, medicine) Extreme sensitivity to a food or drug; allergy.
- (medicine): food intolerance
the state of being intolerant
extreme sensitivity to a food or drug; allergy