Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As a Scottish surname, from Scottish Gaelic bàn (“white, fair”), also found in McBain.
- As an English surname, from Old English ban (“bone”). Also from bayn (“hospitable”), from Old Norse beinn (“straight”).
- As a French surname, from Old French bain (“bath”), from Latin balneum.
- As a German surname, spelling variant of Behn.
- A surname.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Bain”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 1, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN