Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: brandon
- An English habitational surname from any of several places of that name.
- A male given name transferred from the surname, of 1980s and 1990s American and Canadian usage.
- Any of some towns and villages in England
- A number of places in the United States:
- A city in Manitoba, Canada.
- c. 1593, Shakespeare, William, Richard III, Act V, Scene III:
- Sir William Brandon, you shall bear my standard.
- An Irish patronymic surname from the Gaelic Mac Breandáin.
- A male given name transferred from the surname, of 1980s and 1990s American usage, variant of Brendan.
- 1520 The Lyfe of Saynt Brandan. Translated from Dutch.Published by Wynkyn de Worde,1483:
- Here begynneth the lyfe of Saynt Brandon. Saynt Brandon, the holy man, was a monke, and borne in Yrlonde
Transliterations of the surname
- a male given name from English