Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: brandon
- An English habitational surname from any of several places of that name, Old English brōm (“broom”) + dūn (“hill”).
- An Irish patronymic surname from the Gaelic Mac Breandáin.
- A male given name transferred from the surnames; also a variant of Brendan. Popular in the U.S. in the 1980s and the 1990s.
- A census-designated place in Colorado
- Any of some towns and villages in England
- A census-designated place in Florida
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Manitoba
- A city in Minnesota
- A city in Mississippi
- A town in New York
- A city in South Dakota
- A town in Vermont
- A village in Wisconsin
- 1520 The Lyfe of Saynt Brandan. Translated from Dutch.Published by Wynkyn de Worde,1483:
- Here begynneth the lyfe of Saynt Brandon. Saynt Brandon, the holy man, was a monke, and borne in Yrlonde
- ~1593 William Shakespeare: Richard III: Act V, Scene III:
- Sir William Brandon, you shall bear my standard.