Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: gaèlic
- IPA(key): /ˈɡɑːlɪk/ or IPA(key): /ˈɡælɪk/ (when referring to Scottish Gaelic)
- IPA(key): /ˈɡeɪlɪk/ (when referring to Irish Gaelic or Manx Gaelic)
- (Scotland) IPA(key): /ˈɡalɪk/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɡeɪlɪk/ (for all senses)
- Rhymes: -eɪlɪk, -ælɪk
any Goidelic language
Scottish Gaelic — see Scottish Gaelic
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Gaelic (not comparable)
- Of or relating to the Gaels, the Celtic peoples of Scotland, Ireland, and the Manx, or their languages.
relating to the Gaels or their language