Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: gaèlic
- IPA(key): /ˈɡɑːlɪk/ or IPA(key): /ˈɡælɪk/ (when referring to Scottish Gaelic)
- IPA(key): /ˈɡeɪlɪk/ (when referring to Irish Gaelic or Manx Gaelic)
- (Scotland) IPA(key): /ˈɡalɪk/
- Rhymes: -eɪlɪk, -ælɪk
When used without any modifier, Gaelic refers most often to Scottish Gaelic. Irish Gaelic and Manx Gaelic are more commonly called simply Irish and Manx.
any Goidelic language
Scottish Gaelic — see Scottish Gaelic
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Gaelic (not comparable)
- Of or relating to the Gaels, the Celtic peoples of Scotland, Ireland, and the Manx, or their languages.
relating to the Gaels or their language