Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈskɒt.lənd/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈskɑt.lənd/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Scotland, Northern England) IPA(key): /ˈskɔʔ.lənd/
- A country in northwest Europe to the north of England and forming part of the United Kingdom.
- A habitational surname referring to someone from Scotland.
- In the history of Scotland, the country's monarchs should not be described as "Kings of Scotland" but as "Kings of Scots".
country in northwest Europe to the north of England