Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: c. and Appendix:Variations of "c"
C. (plural CC.)
- Fig. 2: a 13 th C. illumination of ‘H’
- (law) Abbreviation of code.
- (law) Abbreviation of chancellor.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in legal citation. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Judges and Officials", Table T11, p. 443.
Abbreviation of grosse caisse (“bass drum”).
C. f (plural C.)
- (music) Abbreviation of grancassa (“bass drum”).
From archaic Latin, when the letter C represented the phonetic value /g/.
C. m (indeclinable)
- Praenominal abbreviation of Cāius. Praenominal abbreviation of Gāius.
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- English words without vowels
- English terms spelled with .
- English abbreviations
- English case citation abbreviations
- French abbreviations
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French terms spelled with .
- French feminine nouns
- Italian lemmas
- Italian nouns
- Italian terms spelled with .
- Italian abbreviations
- Latin lemmas
- Latin proper nouns
- Latin indeclinable nouns
- Latin masculine indeclinable nouns
- Latin terms spelled with .
- Latin masculine nouns
- Latin praenominal abbreviations
- Latin abbreviations