Category talk:Czech male surnames
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
- I think the categories should be deleted (with their contents moved up to Category:Czech surnames) since feminine surnames are not considered a separate surname from the masculine, just a feminine inflected form. --WikiTiki89 08:13, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- @Wikitiki: Quite right. I would actually much prefer that solution. —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 19:59, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose the move. Related although not strictly applying votes are Wiktionary:Votes/pl-2010-01/Renaming given name appendixes and Wiktionary:Votes/2009-12/Masculine and feminine given names. --Dan Polansky (talk) 20:08, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Re: "... feminine surnames are not considered a separate surname from the masculine, just a feminine inflected form": Unlikely; any references? Nor is "Martina" an inflected form of "Martin". --Dan Polansky (talk) 20:10, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Expired with no action taken. --Dan Polansky (talk) 08:18, 27 September 2014 (UTC)