Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: diane
Diane (plural Dianes)
- A female given name from Latin. Popular in the middle of the 20th century.
- 1979 Penelope Mortimer: About Time. Allan Lane 1979. →ISBN page 83:
- Oddly enough, there was a woman involved. I remember nothing about her except her name: Diane. It was an improbable name in connection with Bertie, particularly in the wilds of Kent. However, Diane was there.
- (mythology) The Roman goddess of the hunt; Diana.
- (astronomy, sometimes capitalised) The celestial body closest to the Earth, considered to be a planet in the Ptolemic system as well as the boundary between the Earth and the heavens; the Moon.
- English: Diane