Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A diminutive of the male given name George.
- A diminutive of the female given names Georgia, Georgiana, Georgette and Georgina.
- (uncountable) Dialect/colloquial form of English spoken by Geordies, people from Tyneside.
- (Northern England and Scotland, obsolete) A guinea.
- Someone from Tyneside.
- (mining, dated) A kind of safety lamp invented by George Stephenson.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Raymond to this entry?)
Geordie (not comparable)