God's green earth
- (idiomatic) The world.
- No way on God's green earth is that going to happen.
- 1958, Isaac Asimov, Lenny
- [A] MEC model that will do nothing on God's green earth but take two steps forward, say 'Pleased to meet you, sir,' shake hands, then take two steps back...
1999, Dwain Campbell, Tales from the Frozen Ocean, page 8:
- Few places on God's green earth are as imbued with primordial magic as those bordering the phantasmagoric waters of Fundy.
- 2001, Carl Hiaasen, Sick puppy
- And with regard to the Toad Island bridge, junior, there's not a damn thing you or anyone else on God's green earth can do to stop it.