Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /hɪ(ə)ˈɹɒʃɪmə/, /hɪ(ə)ɹəˈʃiːmə/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /hɪˈɹoʊʃɪmə/, /hɪɹoʊˈʃiːmə/
- A prefecture in southwestern Honshu, Japan.
- The capital city of Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. It was the target of the first atomic bomb dropped in warfare on August 6, 1945.
- 1945 August 6, Truman, Harry S., VT2008-9-2 President Truman Announces Bombing of Hiroshima, Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum, National Archives Identifier: 23630, 0:18 from the start:
- A short time ago, an American airplane dropped one bomb on Hiroshima and destroyed its usefulness to the enemy.
- (figuratively) catastrophe.
- 2011 April, Michael Joseph Gross, “A Declaration of Cyber-War”, Vanity Fair:
- Stuxnet is the Hiroshima of cyber-war.
- The 1945 atomic bombing of the city of the same name.
- 2004, Stuart Beattie, Collateral, DreamWorks Pictures:
- VINCENT: Tens of thousands killed before sundown; nobody's killed people that fast since Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
a city in Honshu, Japan
- Rōmaji transcription of