Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A patronymic surname derived from the given name Jenkin; common in England and Wales.
- A city in Kentucky.
- A city in Minnesota.
Jenkins (plural Jenkinses)
- (derogatory, dated, colloquial) A flatterer or sycophant.
- the Jenkins employed by a newspaper
- (Can we find and add a quotation of G. W. Curtis to this entry?)
- 1868, Edward Isidore Sears (ed.), The National Quarterly Review (volume 16, page 404)
- Because they are styled "the executive," "executive officers," &c., by their Jenkinses, and are declared by the same authorities to possess unbounded knowledge, and transcendent "executive ability," they sometimes fancy themselves the Czar, the Shah, or the Grand Turk […]