Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A county in the Republic of Ireland.
- A surname derived from the place name, or from the Middle English given name Kendrick.
- A male given name transferred from the surname or the place name.
- A female given name, originally of Australian usage, also spelled Keri, Kerri and Kerrie.
- 1845 Charles James Lever, The O' Donoghue: A Tale of Ireland Fifty Years Ago, W. Curry 1845, page 26:
- Kerry O'Leary - for so was he called to distinguish him from those of the name in the adjoining county - soon made his appearance in the court-yard beneath.
- 2004 The Bulletin, Australia, "Hustling Hustings", February 25, 2004:
- A ticket of John Kerry and John Edwards with, effectively, four first names, would send the wrong message to the world. Also no candidate has ever been elected president, with a girl's name like "Kerry" for a "surname".
Kerry (plural Kerries)