Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The ISO 3166-1 three-letter (alpha-3) code for Montserrat.
- (space science, US, NASA) Initialism of Mars Sample Return mission.
MSR (plural MSRs)
- (countable, fandom slang) Mulder/Scully romance; a fanfic involving a romantic relationship between the characters Fox Mulder and Dana Scully of the The X-Files.
1997 April 12, Loch Ness [username], “Letters of Transit (0/14) By Loch Ness”, in alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- Although I regard this as a romantic piece, it's not an MSR in the usual sense--our heroes don't ride off into the sunset locked in each other's arms.
2000 March 5, Tim Scott, “Research assistance request”, in alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- I'm writing an MSR (big surprise there) and I have a scene where M&S do a nice, sensuous slow dance.
2001 August 4, Circe, “Re: xfc: XFC content changes”, in alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- In the last couple of years, it seems like the vast majority of stories posted are MSRs. You rarely see a slash story posted here anymore.
- (uncountable, fandom slang) Such fan fiction collectively.
2000 May 8, C. E. McLarney, “Re: NEW: "Remotely Controlled" (1/1) by Marguerite”, in alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- I am a shipper, and yes, I prefer to read MSR.
2003 April 14, pjay [username], “slash”, in alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- Although I read MSR occasionally (and at one time did exclusively) the minute I discovered slash I was hooked.
2006 June 12, jzjenn [username], “Paula Graves News”, in alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- Made me want to read MSR again, and I thought I'd finally kicked that habit.