Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Macfarlane (plural Macfarlanes)
- a cape-coat, viz., having a shoulder cape attached at the neck. In styles for women it may have two front slits near the waist through which a person's arms may be extended; for men it is a (generally) single-breasted overcoat with sleeves, the shoulder cape usually extending only to the elbows; similar to the Ulster and Inverness
- ^ "The Age of Innocence - what the French called a ‘Macfarlane.’", Book Drum. URL accessed on 2014-05-22.
- ^ "The Woman's Magazine - Google Books", Books.google.com: 2011-03-29. URL accessed on 2014-05-22.
- "macfarlane: definition of macfarlane in Oxford dictionary (British & World English) (US)", Oxforddictionaries.com: 2014-05-14. URL accessed on 2014-05-22.
- ^ Christopher, Lord, "Catherine Deneuve in Potiche: Still Belle |", Clothesonfilm.com. URL accessed on 2014-05-22.