Jump to navigation Jump to search
Abbreviation of E-Mail; the E- being redundant in German.
- (slightly informal) Alternative form of
- Die Bewerbungen können per Post oder Mail eingereicht werden.
- The applications can be handed in by mail or e-mail.
- Usually feminine; see E-Mail for more.
- The form Mail is predominant in informal contexts, but is now also a common variant in formal language. In the prestigious newspaper Die Zeit, the short form was used about 28% of the time between 2009 and 2018, while the full form was used 72% of the time.
Declension of Mail