Jump to navigation Jump to search
Marathi (countable and uncountable, plural Marathi)
- (uncountable) A language spoken in the state of Maharashtra, India.
- 2020, Avni Doshi, Burnt Sugar, Hamish Hamilton, page 110:
- I made a pact with her that she would teach me more Marathi and I could teach her the English alphabet.
- (plural only) The people of this state.
language of Maharashtra
people of Maharashtra
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
Marathi (not comparable)
- Pertaining to Maharashtra or its language.
pertaining to Maharashtra or its language
- Marathi language on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- ISO 639-1 code mr, ISO 639-3 code mar (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Marathi, mar
Marathi n (proper noun, strong, genitive Marathi or Marathis)
- Marathi (one of the languages of India)
- English terms derived from Marathi
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English indeclinable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- English terms with quotations
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives
- German terms with audio links
- German lemmas
- German proper nouns
- German neuter nouns