Acronym for “Original Equipment Manufacturer”.
OEM (plural OEMs)
- A company that produces parts to be sold under another company's brand.
- A value-added reseller; company selling goods assembled from other companies' parts.
- All makers prior to initial retail sale, in contrast to aftermarket.
- (Emergency services) Initialism of Office of Emergency Management.
Especially automotive and computer hardware. Software with this label includes just a shrink-wrapped CD, without printed manual, without being inside a box, etc.
OEM (not comparable)
- Goods sold by an OEM (any definition).
- (goods sold under another company's brand): white label
- (makers prior to initial sale): aftermarket