Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
emergency (plural emergencies)
Cardiac arrest is an emergency and if you find someone in cardiac arrest you should call 999 immediately.
- (Canada, US, often attributive) The department of a hospital that treats emergencies.
- (archaic) The quality of being emergent; sudden or unexpected appearance; an unforeseen occurrence.
situation requiring urgent assistance
emergency (not comparable)
- Related to the emergency or to the provision of assistance.
- emergency vehicles
- emergency medical services
- state of emergency
- emergency response
- Emergency Medical Technician
- The Emergency