Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To expel feces from one's bowels.
- (now rare) To purify, to clean of dregs etc.
- to defecate the dark and muddy oil of amber
1621, Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy, Oxford: Printed by Iohn Lichfield and Iames Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 216894069:, New York 2001, p.224:
- Some are of opinion that such fat, standing waters make the best beer, and that seething doth defecate it […].
- (now rare, transitive) To purge; to pass (something) as excrement.
- (expel feces): (slang) crap, (obsolete) drite, (slang) dump, (informal) pinch a loaf, (informal, humorous) drop a bomb, (informal, humorous) drop the kids off at the pool, (vulgar) shit, (vulgar) shite, (vulgar) take a shit, (slang) take a dump, (informal) drop a deuce, (childish) poop
- See also Wikisaurus:defecate
expel feces from one's bowels
- (obsolete) Freed from pollutants, dregs, lees, etc.; refined; purified.
- Till the soul be defecate from the dregs of sense.