Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Abbreviation of Pittsburgh.
PIT (plural PITs)
- personal income tax
- Precision Immobilization Technique
- Pursuit Intervention Technique
- Parallel Immobilization Technique
- All three terms mean the same thing, a bumping technique used by U.S. police departments during car pursuits to force the pursued vehicle to abruptly turn sideways to the direction of travel, causing the driver to lose control and stop. Usually used in the phrase "PIT maneuver".
- (computing) Programmable interval timer