Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: ringwraith
- (fantasy) Anyone who keeps a magical ring, and is enslaved thereby, and may also be rendered invisible and immortal thereby.
2006, J.C. Sillesen, No Return, page 40:
- A party of four at one of my stations included a pretty creditable Scarlett O'Hara in her famous green velvet `curtains' gown, a fairy princess complete with fancy airbrushed wings, a man dressed as either a Ringwraith or the Grim Reaper (I guessed from the absence of a sickle that he was probably a Ringwraith), and George Washington.
- 2007, Mark Stephen Smith, "The Art of Flash Animation: Creative Cartooning", page x
- I had written a number of short stories in the Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents vein, and a couple of fantasy novels that explored the premise of modernized 'Ringwraiths' invading a 1986 Alabama high school."
- 2007. Jerry Dowlen, "Lio Lios", 2007, p27
- Like the Ringwraiths,
- I need your acacia unfurled,
- Enabling my dream-stuns
- Of fizzing mauve whirls.