Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: romanization
Audio (US) (file)
Romanization (plural Romanizations)
- (usually uncountable) The act or process of putting text into the Latin (Roman) alphabet, by means such as transliteration and transcription.
- (countable) An instance (a string) of text transliterated or transcribed from another alphabet into the Latin alphabet.
- 2005, Chris Berry, Feii Lu, Island on the Edge: Taiwan New Cinema and After (ISBN 9622097154), page 11:
- Furthermore, certain places and people are already internationally well known by particular romanizations of their names, and these romanizations may not conform to any of the official systems detailed above.
putting text into the Latin (Roman) alphabet
- Romanization at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Romanization, romanization, Romanisation, romanisation at Google Ngram Viewer