Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ssi
SSI (plural SSIs)
- (computing) Server Side Include
- (US) Supplemental Security Income
- (electronics) Small Scale Integration
- (military, US) Shoulder sleeve insignia
- (finance) Standard Settlement Instruction
- (medicine) Initialism of surgical site infection.
- 2011, Darrell A. Campbell, “Patient Safety”, in Michael W. Mulholland; Gerard M. Doherty, editors, Complications in Surgery, 2nd edition, Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, →ISBN, page 58–59:
- For example, Goal 7 “Reduce the risk of health care associated infections” stipulates, among other things, that hospitals have specific strategies in place to prevent surgical site infection (SSI), that they provide regular feedback about SSI rates to caregivers, with follow-up for 30 days, that they discontinue the use of shaving as a method of preop hair removal, etc.