Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: senate
Senate (plural Senates)
- Any of several legislative bodies. (In countries which have multiple legislative bodies, the Senate is often the more senior.)
- (historical) The council that governed the ancient Roman Republic.
- (Canada) The Senate of Canada; the upper house of the Canadian parliament; "the Senate".
- (US) The United States Senate, "the Senate".
- (US) The upper legislative body of many of the states of the United States.
US state senate
- plural of