Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: house
House (countable and uncountable, plural Houses)
- (politics) A particular chamber of political representation
- (US politics, as "the House") Ellipsis of House of Representatives.
- (politics, Westminsterian parliamentary systems) Ellipsis of House of Commons.
- (politics) Ellipsis of House of Parliament.
- More generally, a shortened name for any chamber of a legislature that is named "House of...", especially where the other chamber(s) are not so named, or where there is no other chamber (unicameral).
- A placename
- A village in New Mexico.
- An unincorporated community in North Carolina.
- A topographic surname from Middle English for someone residing in a house (as opposed to a hut) or in a religious house.
- (Oxford University slang, dated) Christ Church, Oxford.
House of Representatives — see House of Representatives
House of Commons — see House of Commons
Borrowed from English house. Doublet of Haus.
House m (strong, genitive Houses or House, no plural)
- (music) house music, house
- Synonyms: House-Musik f, Housemusik f
Declension of House [sg-only, masculine, strong]
- “House” in Digitales Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache
- “House” in Uni Leipzig: Wortschatz-Lexikon
- “House” in Duden online
- House on the German Wikipedia.Wikipedia de
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- English countable proper nouns
- American English
- English ellipses
- en:Villages in New Mexico, USA
- en:Villages in the United States
- en:Places in New Mexico, USA
- en:Places in the United States
- en:Unincorporated communities in North Carolina, USA
- en:Unincorporated communities in the United States
- en:Places in North Carolina, USA
- English surnames
- English surnames from Middle English
- Oxford University slang
- English dated terms
- German terms borrowed from English
- German terms derived from English
- German doublets
- German 1-syllable words
- German terms with IPA pronunciation
- German terms with audio links
- Rhymes:German/aʊ̯s/1 syllable
- German lemmas
- German nouns
- German uncountable nouns
- German masculine nouns