Sherlock Holmes + -y
Sherlock Holmesy (comparative more Sherlock Holmesy, superlative most Sherlock Holmesy)
- Resembling or characteristic of the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes.
1951, Roland Pertwee, The River God, page 7:
- And he wore a Sherlock Holmesy kind of cap with a swarm of salmon flies upon it, that to my boyish fancy was more splendid than a crown.
- 2004, Graham Masterton, The Devil in Gray, Leisure Books (2004), ISBN 9780843953619, page 225:
- "Don't try to get all Sherlock Holmesy on me, Hicks. Sherlock Holmes wasn't always right. […]
- 2006, T. Lipshitz, Lipshitz Six, or Two Angry Blondes, Dutton (2006), ISBN 9781101213377, unnumbered page:
- I dont[sic] know, he says, all Sherlock Holmesy in a cloud of smoke.