This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.
- It's certainly disconcerting in the etymology of Acanthisittidae. — Pingkudimmi 13:20, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- Delete; Acanthasitta at OneLook Dictionary Search yields no hits at all. This could go to RFV, but I actually think it could as well have been speedied, so let us vote on deletion here and be done with it. --Dan Polansky (talk) 09:46, 7 December 2013 (UTC) , ,
- Keep; With very little time invested I found three distinct hits.
- The citations clearly fail to meet the "durably archived" test. In any event it is a not very common misspelling. A misspelling that is this close to the correct spelling will cause the correct spelling to be suggested to the user who types the wrong spelling in the search box. DCDuring TALK 17:59, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- There are four durably archived quotes coming up in a gscholar search (you need to download the large full pdfs to see some of them), but as these are all referring to Acanthasitta chloris it is a slam dunk they are all a misspelling of w:Acanthisitta chloris. Actually, the files were downloading while I was typing this and one of the four I can now see is only a google scanno. And another one uses the correct spelling elsewhere in the document. SpinningSpark 00:54, 30 April 2014 (UTC)
- The standard of evidence presented in defense of this spelling is shamefully low. Google Scholar's count of 4 for this spelling compares to 481 for the Acanthisitta. Not only is the absolute number of hits of the erroneous spelling low, but the relative number would seem to be below 1%. Such a low threshold would vastly increase the number of misspellings that we keep. Also I cannot find instances of the erroneous spelling at Google Books. Spinningspark also acknowledge that only two of the hits he advanced would count for RfV. DCDuring TALK 18:10, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion. See also Wiktionary:Previously deleted entries.
This is now at RFD, but maybe it is not even attested. Any attesting quotations? Consider placing those found at Citations:Acanthasitta, since that page is kep even when the entry fails RFV. Search: , , Acanthasitta at OneLook Dictionary Search. --Dan Polansky (talk) 18:16, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- RFV failed: no quotations anywhere, even not in Citations:Acanthasitta. (Already deleted via RFD.) --Dan Polansky (talk) 18:08, 20 June 2014 (UTC)