Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Keep tidy.svg

The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.

Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion.

Rfv-sense: (Of writing) Turgid or overwrought. The two citations are at best ambiguous. DCDuring TALK 17:30, 7 April 2011 (UTC)

Aren't flaccid and turgid nearly antonyms? All three words can be cited as negative remarks about writing but I wouldn't use them interchangeably. - [The]DaveRoss 10:42, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
Sense RFV-failed. - -sche (discuss) 03:25, 18 August 2011 (UTC)


Some dictionaries list /ˈflæk.sɪd/, though I'm not sure how many actually pronounce it that way nowadays. AnonMoos 15:38, 21 February 2012 (UTC)

I just noticed this too. I've always said flak-sid, and e.g. Chambers does list this as an alternative. Equinox 23:05, 16 November 2012 (UTC)