This template is used for the etymology section of simplified Chinese characters: it shows which character or component was simplified, and categorizes the simplified character.
It can handle multiple characters simplified to a single one, and which component was simplified.
- The original traditional character.
- A second traditional character which was simplified to the given simplified character, for use when two traditional characters were merged via simplification to the same simplified character.
- from and to, to show which components were simplified and how.
- from 2 and to 2, in case a second component was also simplified.
- For changing "Simplified" into "simplified". The input doesn't matter.
If multiple components are simplified, they should be listed in the order of writing, generally starting with radical.
The character will be categorized in Category:CJKV simplified characters in the order of the parameter f, then t, f2, and t2.
If all but one simplification do not require comment, however, one can simply list the uncommented simplifications last, and only comment on the first.