Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛki
Trekkie (plural Trekkies)
- (fandom slang) A (usually major) fan of the TV science fiction series Star Trek.
- Not all Trekkies go around speaking Klingon and making endless references to the original Star Trek series.
- There is a division among fans over whether Trekkie or Trekker is the appropriate term, with many preferring one over the other. Trekkie is the better-known term.
- 1992 StarTrek VI is a fast-moving, vigorous book that will not disappoint the legions of Trekkies who avidly follow the adventure of their heroes. — Review of Star Trek - The Undiscovered Country in Amiga User International, author unknown, December 1992, HHL Publishing (UK), page 90.
- 2002 I have a major confession to make which will probably incur the wrath of all Trekkies out there. — Trek & Treat, article in The Daily Mirror (UK), Jessica Mellor, Saturday, August 10, 2002, page 44.