(Redirected from User:Gormflaith)Jump to navigation Jump to search
I'm in a remote WiFi-less land right now so I'm not editing.
I'll be back in early August.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I used to be User:Gormflaith
Hello. I'm Julia.
Currently working on:
- Adding Alemannic entries
- Improving Alemannic, Bavarian, Cimbrian, and Mòcheno entries
- Categorizing, alternative forms, etymology
- Harvesting words from below sources
- Categorizing other LDLs
- Adding pictures
- Organizing descendants
- Adding Middle English entries from the Canterbury Tales
- user:Julia/Alemannic bones
- user:Julia/Scots bones
- user:Julia/Descendants bones
- user:Julia/Words to add
Sources to harvest words from
- ang, da, fo, fy, gmq-oda, gmq-osw, gmq-pro, goh, got, is, no, non, sv: Nordic Names
- cim: Patuzzi, Umberto, editor (2013), Ünsarne Börtar [Our Words], Luserna, Italy: Comitato unitario delle linguistiche storiche germaniche in Italia / Einheitskomitee der historischen deutschen Sprachinseln in Italien.
- en: Dresser, Eric (2008) Rowing Glossary, row2k media.
- en: Usenet
- enm: Canterbury Tales
- gsw: Abegg, Emil (1911) Die Mundart von Urseren [The Dialect of Urseren], Frauenfeld, Switzerland: Huber & co., page #.
- sco: Eagle, Andy, editor (2016) The Online Scots Dictionary, Scots Online.
- sco: Scots Thesaurus
- sco: DSL
- chm, mrj: Neahttadigisánit
- fkv, kpv, mdf, myv, se, sjd, sje, sjt, sma, smn, sms: Giellatekno
- fkv, olo: Nettidigisanat
- izh, liv, vot, vro: Netidigisõnad
- krl: Karjalen Kielen Sanakirja
- smi: Nordic Names
- udm: Neahttadigisánit
- yrk: Neahttadigisánit
- aqc: Dictionary of Archi
- aus-pam: State Library of Queensland
- crk: itwêwina
- kl: Nordic Names
- map, bnt: Russell Gray's Research Lab
- Greenhill, S.J., Blust. R, & Gray, R.D. (2008). The Austronesian Basic Vocabulary Database: From Bioinformatics to Lexomics. Evolutionary Bioinformatics, 4:271-283.
- sem-ara: Sureth
- HathiTrust Digital Library for any language or dialect (most resources are old for copyright reasons)
- 2007. The UCLA Phonetics Lab Archive. Los Angeles, CA: UCLA Department of Linguistics.
- Surrey suppletion database many languages
- en: boring General American accent
- de-3: 8 years. Standard. Pretty fluent but can't read Goethe without some dict.leo.
- cmn-2: 4 years. Wuhan dialect; Beijing dialect is noticeably harder to understand. I can talk to youths and order food and stuff but can't say anything intelligent. Can speak way better than read.
- ru-1: 1 year. Might be able to get by as a tourist in Moscow as long as no one says anything too complicated.
- ga-1: 3 years on and off, self-study. Simple conversation and vocab.
- sco-1: 6 months, mostly self-study. My final for my ling class was on Scots. Can read and speak some.
- gsw-1: 6 months, self-study and classroom. My German class was a ling class about German varieties. Can understand to some extent but can't speak.