Jump to navigation Jump to search
abend (plural abends)
- (computing) The abnormal termination of a program.
- 1974 August 7, Harmon R. Feig, “Files Can Be Found Through Dump, Register Reviews”, in Computerworld, page 12:
- If the programmer can determine the particular file that was being accessed and that caused the Abend, or was in core at the time of the Abend, the solution would be closer at hand.
- (IEEE) Termination of a process prior to completion.
- (computing) To terminate abnormally.
- The nightly invoicing job abended at 3 a.m.
- “abend” in "Systems and software engineering—vocabulary", ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765:2010(E), 15 December 2010, →ISBN, DOI 10.1109/IEEESTD.2010.5733835
- Eric S[teven] Raymond, editor (29 December 2003) , “ABEND”, in The Jargon File, version 4.4.7.