Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality or state of being acid.
- Sourness; tartness; sharpness to the taste.
- the acidity of lemon juice
- Empty stomachs lead to acidity and leave a sour taste in the mouth.
- (pathology) Excessive acid quality, as in gastric secretions.
- (figuratively) A caustic, sour, biting, or bitter quality.
- 1913, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Poison Belt, page 60:
- It was a brave, good speech, a speech from that staunch and strong spirit which lay behind all the acidities and angularities of the old zoologist.
quality or state of being acid
quality of sourness to the taste