Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: adjuré
- (transitive, often law) To issue a formal command.
- (transitive) To earnestly appeal to or advise; to charge solemnly.
- Party members are adjured to promote awareness of this problem.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 50:
- The Rabbis adjured her to endow the young man with his former virility, but she vehemently refused to do so.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.