Jump to navigation Jump to search
agender (not comparable)
- (rare) Without an associated gender
- (of a person) Who does not identify as having a particular gender
- An agender noun includes both the masculine and feminine forms.
- 2000 November 21, abbycat2 [username], “Re: God and Grammar”, in soc.religion.quaker, Usenet:
- "He" has been used as the default pronoun, and as I said, unfortunately there is no agender equivalent to he/she, as "it" is usually equated with something without life, or at least of a life form considered to be less intelligent (that in itself is negotiable, but this is for a different topic).
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:agender.
- See genderless
having no gender