Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: aínda
- The future.
ainda (not comparable)
- still, yet (up to a time)
Ainda não almocei.
- I didn’t have lunch yet.
Falta ler um livro ainda.
- A book still needs to be read.
- even (emphasises a comparative)
O Canadá é ainda mais frio que os Estados Unidos.
- Canada is even colder than the United States.
- someday (at some time in the future)
Andorinhas ainda conseguirão carregar cocos.
- Someday swallows will be able to carry coconuts.
- only (as recently as)
Ainda há dez minutos falávamos de ti.
- We were talking about you only ten minutes ago.
- at least
Ainda se tivesse tempo, teria estudado.
- If I had at least had time, I would have studied.
- even (implying an extreme example in the case mentioned)
Já viajaram à França, Alemanha e ainda à Itália.
- They already travelled to France, Germany and even to Italy.
- still; nevertheless (in spite of what preceded)
Perdeste todo seu dinheiro mas ainda apostas.
- You lost all your money but you still gamble?