Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (law) A court-mandated allowance made to a former spouse by a divorced or legally separated person.
- Synonym: maintenance
- 1985, Andrew McCarthy as Kevin Dolenz, St. Elmo's Fire, written by Joel Schumacher; Carl Kurlander:
- Who won, huh? Nobody. Used to be sex was the only free thing, No longer. Alimony… palimony… it's all financial. Love is an illusion.
- The means to support life.
a court-enforced allowance
the means to support life
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked